|Location of Jaeger'sWoods - Click to Enlarge|
It was there, at the hill's highest point, that the St. Francis Minor Seminary was established in 1918. Designed as a place where teenage boys interested in becoming priests could study in relative isolation,the Seminary failed to attract enough students to support its original purpose. In 1923, funding was cut by the Catholic Church and the Seminary became a respite for Priests who were unable to attend their duties due to health, legal issues (scandals), and those who simply wished to spend a few years in quiet, meditative study.The doors closed in 1975, leaving a series of solitary caretakers to maintain the structure until all funding was cut in 1980.
|Hunter's Home - Click to Enlarge|
Despite the tremendous amount of work necessary to restore the place, Jaeger decided to settle down, citing the sturdy walls, relative isolation, and abundant hotsprings as reason enough. The building, whose name they never determined, was christened Hunter's Home.
The building itself consists of three interconnected sections; a four-story tower, a square structure with three floors, and the central one-and-a-half story rectangular space that connects the other two.